Recruit Our Students
Thayer Career Services will work with you to customize a program to meet your needs.
Our team is committed to providing opportunities to students from diverse backgrounds and we ask our employer partners to advocate for inclusion and equity in workforce recruitment and development.
Schedule time with Liz Lerret to discuss the best ways to get your opportunities in front of our engineers. You can also email Liz or call at (603) 646-1490.
Join Handshake: Our Recruiting Platform
Handshake - Post jobs and internships, request interview schedules, register to one of our fairs and create your own event! It's one of the best (of many ways) to reach our students!
See the Handshake Employer Posting Policies for DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (Created by Thayer Career Services & Dartmouth's Center for Professional Development)
- Employer Blog: Find the talent you’re looking for! Tips and trends for modern recruiting.
- Handshakes’ Virtual Recruiting Toolkit for Employers: How-To Guides, Useful Checklists and more!
- Need a Handshake account? SIGN UP HERE.
Public Resumes on Handshake
Employers connected to Thayer School of Engineering on Handshake can access resumes of current students and recent graduates seeking internships or full-time positions. Find out more about How to download public resumes on Handshake.
Join our Recruiting Events
Whether virtual or on-site, our career fairs bring together students and employers to increase engagement and to explore career opportunities. We will continue hosting virtual hiring events through Handshake, until further notice. See our Career Fairs.
- Engineering Career Fairs - Engage with over 400 engineering and STEM-focused students during Thayer School's career fair each fall.
- Virtual Interviews & Career Fairs: Interview top engineering talent without leaving your office! We typically host these virtual events within two terms: one in winter and one in spring.
- Use Handshake's OCI (On-Campus Interviews) tab to connect with Thayer talent. See details here: OCI Set up & Workflow
Whether you travel to Hanover (directions and accommodations) or use a virtual platform, these are still some of the best ways to connect with talented Thayer candidates.
The OCI process is so easy through Handshake, our recruiting system:
- About the OCI Set up & Workflow
- Here's how to Request a Schedule on Handshake's "On-Campus Interviews" tab
Company Information and Tech Sessions
Educate our students about your company culture, open/future opportunities, and your recruiting efforts. Alternatively, host a special interest workshop to prepare students for job searches. Virtual info and tech sessions can be scheduled using Handshake. Or, you may contact Liz Lerret, Associate Director or at 603-646-1490 or email our office.
Sponsor a Student Project
- Sponsor a Student Project: Let our students tackle your engineering challenge with a fresh approach.
Other ways to interact with our students
- Information Sessions/Workshop Panels: Participate in industry panels, mock interviews, or conduct a special interest workshop to prepare students for job searches. Contact us to set up a date and time.
- Alumni Listserv: Hiring for an experienced level position? We’ll post your job description on our Alumni Listserv and add it to our weekly newsletter!
Job Offer Response Time
Employers must give students at least three weeks to decide whether or not to accept a full-time job offer, and at least one week to decide on an internship offer.
Please reach out to:
Liz Lerret, Associate Director 603.646.1490
Or the Thayer Career Services office 603.646.0630